Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"A little Privacy, Please?"



For anyone who knows me, knows I am anything but modest.

Pre-mama days I would go to the bathroom and not close the door [all the way]. I really didn't care. THINGS CHANGE.

I was raised w.my 5 cousins. My Gran wanted/NEEDED to know where ALL of us were, ALL of the time, can NOT loose a kid.

So keeping the door open a lil was the easiest way to hear if you were called, you could shout back.

FF to present day.

As you all know I moved in with my b/f (to go to grad school). To save some money we are currently living with his parents [just for a few months]. So leaving the door open flew right out the window, except during the day when it's just me and doodle.

During the day I leave the door open so I can hear/see what E is doing, unless she decides that she wants to watch me go. I don't get stage fright or anything, its just uncomfortable to have my 21mon old daughter to stare at me while I am doing my business.

Well around 4:30/5:00 when Rick comes home the door begins to close. I am not about to pee in front of my FIL. Aint happenin. Well E has a different idea.

NO MATTER WHAT SHE IS DOING. NO MATTER WHERE SHE IS IN THE HOUSE, SHE WILL COME RUNNING WHEN SHE HEARS THE BATHROOM DOOR SHUT & SHE BANGS ON IT SCREAMING "Mama!! Open. MAMA!! MeMe in MaaaaaMaaaaa"

When you're a mother, you loose all "you" time.

I find solace during nap time(s). In which I take my shower, catch-up on my e-mails, blogs, the interwebs & the like. needless to say naptime flies by. I try to schedule a blog for the following day but there's usually not enough time.

I know the lack of privacy and me time will get worse before it will get better & I am totally okay with that. I am beyond bless to get to see my princess grow-up the way I have. I would not trade any of it for the world.

We are entering all new territory. The "whys" and the "Terrible 2's" Provides me with plenty of blog fodder (thats the right word? right?).

-----

OKAY FREADERS, I have BIG, AND I MEAN MONUMENTAL NEWS:

Coming SOON- Erin @ MyWayThisTime is designing it for me, there will be a NEW NAME and LOOK here @ The Urban Cowgirl. So keep your eyeballs peeled its gunna be fab.

-Kelli-Sue

Tweet-tweet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder why after once my kids never came back in there?
bwhahahahhaah