Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"The Story"

Okay okay!! So I have been asked via DM, Txt (for those who know me IRL), FB msg, IM, etc... for the proposal story.

"Its been like 2 weeks! I can't believe there hasn't been a blog about it yet!"

and

"Pictures of the ring... PUH-Lease!!!"

Is about what I am hearing.

I have been waiting to get my ring back from the jewelers, I got it back last night! (!!!) I wear a very small size 4, and it took them about 2 weeks to size it properly. The woman took M & I that she has been in that store for 7 yrs and no one has ever had such a small finger...haha.


He did it February 14, 2010- yes Valentines Day. Scoff if you will, but he wanted to do it before then, he had the ring 2 weeks prior, but with the weather not cooperating (screw snow) he couldnt wait any longer... haha. I had just gotten home from DE- I went with his family for the weekend to their other house to check for damage from the two blizzards. We were bickering about him going and peaking at his gift while I was gone.

I assume I was right and that he did peek, so I just tossed it at him kind of ... and after he opened the new sneakers I got him he looked at me and said

Him: you cant have yours yet, i'm gunna finish cooking
Me: okay I NEEED internet, after none this weekend...can you get my headphones for me? Him: yah

He got them for me and gave me my card it was a silly noise card I laughed and said thank you ( as a rule of thumb, we dont do sappy cards) and then he kissed me and took my hand, he was kneeling next to me...

Me: What are you doing?
Him: Kelli I love you, Will you Marry me?
Me: I giggled and then said "Yes"

He then put the ring on my finger. Then I glanced at the TV and looked at him & I said "How romantic... during the Daytona 500"

That's when he got upset and told me he has had the ring for over two weeks and it wasn't planned this way or even ON VALENTINES DAY AT ALL, but with the way the weather had been acting he had no idea when it would stop and when he would be able to give it to me, so he figured that was as good of time as any.

We have set a date for June 2011 & have a tentative location for the ceremony and a few locations in mind for the reception, I am going to make sure that location for the ceremony is available when I go home for SB in 2 weeks. I know its very advanced but June books quickly- wedding season!

I have asked a few ppl to be in the wedding & M & I have picked our colors. Beyond that there has been NO PLANNING. I have plenty of time (and a GREAT MOH)... well over a year.

So thats the story. Nothing spectacular- but I love it. It was perfect for us.

Here are a few iPhone pics... [My cam is dead] I hope these suffice lovahs!






I am sure as the wedding nears you all will be kept in the loop.

...

I am going to hit the B-I-G 200 THIS week!

Keep checking back to find out what day is the big day... b/c I am doing a giveaway!! woo!!


Don't miss a beat, keep up in between posts, I Tweet , are we friends?

xo

Kandid Kelli

6 comments:

Lelia♥ said...

aww... thats so sweet! Ha ha I wear a size 4 too!!

Ashley said...

I normally just read your blog now that I've deleted my own, but I had to de-lurk myself and say congratulations! What a beautiful ring. :)

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations, again! :)

And I wear a size 4.5. I always joke that I have little kid fingers.

JB said...

gorgeous ring! congrats!

Nicole said...

Beautiful ring!!! Love it!

Whitney said...

I love it! My anniversary is Valentines Day, so I get it! Beautiful ring! Congrats!