Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"QotD"

I have this great appon iPhone call QotD (Question of the Day) and it randomly gives you "deep meaningful to light playful" questions. Here are two that I came across when I was messing with the app the other day:



...

What Did you used to want, that you do not care about anymore?

This is kind of funny b/c I was just talking about this with my MIL. I majored in PR b/c I loved it [at the time], I was good at it; We ran a campaign for a non-profit & I rocked it on the Exec. team. I got a high being in a boardroom or lecture hall speaking in front of people. I wanted to be a PR executive sooo bad I could taste it. I could feel it. I would daydream about me in my suits on my phone with my briefcase blabbing to MY assistant. I wanted the BIG office, the multiple computers. The title & the paycheck that went with that title. But then one day something changed, I got pregnant earlier then I had intended, but it was part of GOD PLAN. You don't make the plan's he does. I realized, yes I am GOOD at PR but I was going to start a family [I realize you can have a HIGH powered career & a family too] but I wanted to be the one to raise MY family. I wanted to drop them off at school, pick them up, be at the sporting events or recitals/or meets [dance, musical or gymnastics] I wanted to see them grow. Have family game nights. I wanted to make a normal calendar day special, just b/c I love my family. I just couldn't see myself doing PR & being happy. With high power comes late nights, long hours & trips. Sitting in an office would be stifling, when I knew my family was at home, w/o me. Even taking my work home wouldn't be enjoy able to me. I finished my degree b/c there was no reason to turn back when I was 1 class (3 credits) short of finishing & graduated. I was lost. I prayed & prayed. I talked to people I trusted & I realized I wanted to TEACH: the hours are conducive to family life (I can BE THERE), I can help make a difference in the lives of children, No sitting in an office all day, I can be with them for EVERY HOLIDAY no excuses we're on the same schedule for ALL breaks, THIS IS WHERE MY PASSION IS- I can see myself doing this in 20, 30yrs & still be happy. Here we are today, I am in the process of getting my Masters degree in Early Childhood Development & Special Education. More education is ALWAYS the better idea.

...

&


...

If you could "have it both ways" rather then having to choose between one or the other, what would you have both ways? [don't worry about sounding selfish, greedy, materialistic, etc...]

I wish I could be both a SAHM/SAHW & Have my [as soon as I am done with the masters program] teaching career. I love keeping a house, making coffee every morning, doing the dishes while it brews & switching the laundry, folding it with NickJr or PlayHouse Disney in the background. I love making fun lunches for E & planning what's for dinner every night while I make my grocery list on Sunday's (back when I had my own place).

I have LOVED every single [even though I complain sometimes] second of raising E for the last [almost] 2 yrs. It has been BEAUTIFUL to watch her grow & learn. To watch her become her own little person & develop her own personality has been an amazing & breathtaking journey. I am excited beyond words for the next stage(s) in her life. I am so blessed that I am getting to be here for the tea parties, dress-ups, bubble-baths & bake-offs. I am so excited for all her life holds. The possibilities are endless.

But I am also thrilled that I have started a program that I love with all my being. Something I am so passionate about. I want to teach. I want to make a difference in the lives of many. I can't wait to walk into a classroom & that room be MINE. I can't wait to look into the faces of children who are so ready to learn. I can't wait to have the certification to teach children who have special needs. The children that God choose to be his extra special angels on earth. This is the path that after a lot of prayer and soul searching that I know he has chosen for me to go down. This is where god has lead me.

While I am teaching & making the difference in the life of someone else's beautiful gift, my angel will be in the hands of someone else. That is hard for me as the only "hands" she has ever been in have been mine, a few family members, her godmothers & godfathers (Andy), and 1 or 2 close "aunties". I know that I have 2 more yrs before I have to "let go" & when I do she will be 4 y/o & in preschool... Maybe closer to 5. 5 means KINDERGARDEN... Oy! No matter what she will go to preschool, before the big K- so its coming. Its part of [her] GROWING UP. Can I have a "stop time" please?

If I could only "have it both ways"...

Now freaders... Its your turn to answer the QotD...

What Did you used to want, that you do not care about anymore?

&


If you could "have it both ways" rather then having to choose between one or the other, what would you have both ways? [don't worry about sounding selfish, greedy, materialistic, etc...]

...

I just love *HOLIDAYS*... no matter how BIG or little. I want E to love them too.

SOOO: Valentines Day Countdown: [5days]

Its not just about couples. Its about Love in general. I love my family & friends-- I want my daughter to feel that kind of love, She will know how much she is loved... ALWAYS!!

Check back tomorrow... You never know what kind of shenanigans I have planned...

Don't miss a beat, keep up in between posts, I Tweet , are we friends?

xo

Kandid Kelli

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Getting married, having kids and that "perfect scenario" by the time I'm 30. I'm at a point now where I want to travel the country and even the world and live it up for a little while.

I don't really have a "have it both ways" scenario...

dadshouse said...

I love that first question. You're right, God has his own plan. The universe has a wicked sense of humor. It's up to us to be happy and grateful, and go with the flow when things change. That can be hard!