Sunday, April 4, 2010

"April 4, 2008"

Dear Sweet Baby E,

It's amazing to think that it's been two years since you made your grand entrance. Two years since you single handedly changed my life, for the better. I don't know what I did so right to deserve to be your mommy, I have been so blessed. Being a full time mommy has been the best, most rewarding job in the world. Watching you learn and grow in to the beautiful little person you are today has been the best thing I could ever ask for. When things got tough, I cried with you and I learned with you and it all has been beautiful. I wouldn't change a single moment.

Seeing those crystal blue eyes looking up at me with your crazy halo of curls, surrounding your rosy cheeks, how can I not help but smile and scoop you up in my arms and snuggle you as tight as I possibly can. I see so much of myself in you, it's uncanny. That is until you wiggle your way out and run away to play. My little "baby shark".

Full of energy and always moving, you never stop. Everyday is a new adventure and nothing is the same. Just watching you play wares me out & I wouldn't change it for the world. I love seeing the world through your eyes, experiencing it all a new way. It is incredibly bewitching how you can take something so mundane and make it sparkle.

I've watched you go from completely dependent on me, the day you were born, to little miss "No mama Me do it". It breaks and makes my heart swell with pride all at the same time. Seeing your face weld up with fulfillment when you have accomplished your goal, I get excited along side of you, because you have realized that nothing is out of your reach. Every mother wants that for their child. Seeing that smile on your face after an accomplishment, no matter how big or small, makes my day.

Although your obsessions with "Finding Nemo", "Wow Wow Wubbzy", "Dora the Explorer" & "Go! Diego! Go!" drive me mad at times, seeing how excited you get is enough for me, because I know that in time this will pass. You will not be two years old forever and before I know it you will no longer love cartoons and I will be asking myself "where did my toddler go?" and I will want these precious days back.

E, You have taught me so much about life, what is important and what isn't. You have taught me how to love, you really opened up my heart. I can not for one millisecond imagine my life without you, I don't even want to. The last two years have gone by like the blink of an eye, being your mother has taught me that everyday is precious. I am enjoying every second I have. Enjoying the small pleasures you bring that really aren't small at all but are so huge they can't be measured in any thing but smooches and "noses". Not a moment goes by that I don't realize how lucky I have been. God blessed me and I thank him daily for you.

I didn't realize it till April 4th 2008 at 8:29pm, but you were the missing piece in my life puzzle. I couldn't have asked for a better child. The last two years have been sensational. I can't wait for the rest... I am so excited but in the same breath I want a stop time b/c what happened to this 5lb baby?...

E only less than an hr old:



E @ her 1st birthday party- April 4, 2009. 1 yrs old.



E yesterday @ her 2nd birthday party April 3, 2010- (1 day away from 2yrs old) (Tutu from ColeBabyTutu's ...BEAUTIFUL tutu, GREAT costumer service, great prices and E loves it!!)




Happy 2nd Birthday my little twinie! -- I love you Doodles.

Love,
Mama (now known as "Mommy" or "Mom" not fond of the latter)

No comments: