Thursday, November 5, 2009

"They just don't know--"

How lucky they are. I don't know if you remember a few weeks ago I wrote about the 30something year old mother of two , Scarlett, who acted more like a child then a mother. How she pawns not one but BOTH her children off on anyone w.in an arms reach.

Well this past weekend she attended a family birthday party and upon her arrival her newborn, Olivia, was asleep in the babycarrier so she set the carrier down in front of a bedroom door and walked away. It wasn't until a family member came up to her holding the child did she know the child had awoken. She said "Oh would you mind changing her and then feeding her?" and went back to her conversation.

People, I can't make this stuff up.

My point is there are so many deserving people out there who would never in a million years act like this. I understand being tired after having a baby and wanting some help but she doesn't ever do anything, her mother is there at 7:45a and doesnt leave till 7:45p. Scarlett lies around all day and does nothing all day. I have actually never seen her hold Olivia.

Trust me I do know tired after a baby. I was still in school when E was born. But there was never a time when I just sat her down and basically had someone come up to me say "hey your baby is awake". Never. I obsessively checked on her, to the point where people told me to relax.

I feel for Olivia. She was not wanted. By that I mean she was by all accounts an "oopisie" baby. I hate saying that about any child, but she was not planned for. Scarlett and her husband Marcus were having marital problems and hadn't done what it takes to make a baby in some time-- if you get my drift. Then they got grandma and grandpa to watch their at the time 1yr old for the weekend to try and patch things up and went on a little weekend getaway. Well guess what happened? Olivia happened.

Scarlett was not happy while she was pregnant, miserable is more like it & made everyone else around her feel the same way.

This alone made me very upset, even more after I began to read Katie's Blog . I actually cried on occasion b/c its really not fair. (Im an emotional person and I get emotional for/ because of other people)

Although some might say who are you to decide who does and does not deserve a child? I am not saying that S&M don't deserve Olivia, I am not saying that by any means, they just take for granted the gift of being able to have children as it doesn't come so easy to everyone. They should learn to see how truly blessed they are.

Scarlett and Marcus are the type of people who will raise Olivia with resentment b/c she was a mistake and she will grow up feeling that and that is just not fair b/c she didn't ask to come into that family and to be treated as such.

But I know God has a plan for her and he will do miraculous things with her life. She has a wonderful set of grandparents too who I hope will help buffer that resentment, b/c I don't see Scarlett growing up anytime soon.

Thankfully she got her tubes tied, b/c at 38 she doesnt need to be having anymore children (hes only 28).

I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Thx for sticking with me [us]... the journey REALLY has just begun!


-Kelli-Sue


"Im on twitter!" ... Are you following me yet?

3 comments:

BB said...

We are all guilty of not seeing what we have and how truly blessed we are.

Even if Scarlett takes it to a whole new level, just remember everyone is guilty.

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound strange coming from me, but I feel sorry for Scarlett. I feel sad for the people who don't know how good they have it.

It's funny what people will say to me when I tell them about us. They said things like, "Well, you can take mine!" or "I wish mine had a return policy!" or "I would give anything to have waiting __ years!" or "Do you want to trade?"

Yes, yes I do want to trade. The truth is, you don't know how blessed you are until you see someone who doesn't have what you have. When we see people with cancer or people who've become homeless through no fault of their own, we think, "Gosh, I feel so fortunate to have my health and a roof over my head." It's a shame more parents don't think this way about their children.

I always tell people that a parent's worst day would be an infertile's best. I would trade limbs or body organs for no sleep and temper tantrums. :)

Nicole said...

Wow. That's all I have to say to that. Very sad.