Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"Welcome"



I was recently informed that my blog audience, if you will, is a lot broader that I originally thought. 

I knew I had single dad(s) and a few men (I am so flattered that yall read AND comment, THANKS!)

I have also mentioned that I knew I had a large number of anonymous readers [lurkers]. Who read in the shadows of their computer screens and then leave. Thinking no one is the wiser.  

Since being 'notified' of said reader(s), a few days ago, I have been mulling over what to do.  A few of my close friends, whom I told about this 'situation', have advised me to make my blog private.

As a student of journalism since I was 14, then Public Relations in college, I am against all kinds of censorship. 

To me, making my blog private is a form of censorship. I know I don't have a huge following, but I do have a decent following. I am proud of my blog. I have been here, at this corner of the interwebz, for over 2yrs. 

I knew this was possible. I mean I post links to recent posts, to my twitter (which is private, as a few mons ago), which is linked to my FB (also private). I also had a link on my MySpace back in the days when MySpace was all the rage.  

I am proud of my blog and I have nothing to hide. In the 2+yrs I have been blogging I have changed and this blog has molded and changed with me, it has helped me get through some rough patches, like my divorce & PPD. I know I can always come to my blog, good day, bad day and for the most part not be judged for what I post. I have great readers, the ones that are open & let me know they are there, theres no question about that one. I have made some great efriends & some actual friends who I miss (Rachael- come see me)

I am pleased with what my blog has become over the years. It reminds me of where I "came from" & hints @ where I am going. 

I don't know how long I will [continue to] blog. I do know I will do so until I feel it no longer is serving its purpose in MY life. I do it for ME. Until that time comes I hope I will sustain readership. Yall make coming to my humble corner so enjoyable.

So all-in-all I hope that YOU enjoy my blog & staying caught up w.the happenings in my life. I also want to take this time to say WELCOME, since I haven't been able to do so yet. 

**I have disabled comments for this post, I hope you understand. They will be enabled for tomorrows post.**

...

Don't miss a beat, keep up in between posts, I Tweet , a lot.

xo
-Kandid Kelli