Last week I wrote a post, here, about "The List" and why I am making one.
It took me a few days but, I have tweaked it and refined it. I am pleased with it.
Now the hard part, not only looking for these traits in a MAN, but to become the list myself.
I will continue to add to the list but, you get the idea:
- You accept my daughter, not just tolerate her. We are a package deal, you see me, you will most likely see her too. I am a single mom, I don't get a babysitter often.
- You are confident in the MAN you are and can deal with my past. I can deal with yours.
- When you look at me, You look me in the eyes.
- You get that I am emotional and thats okay. Thats who I am.
- You stick by my side, even through rough times, I can look and you're still there.
- You get along with your family and mine- or try to.
- You want to grow with me, physically and emotionally.
- We have extreme chemistry; Physically and Emotionally.
- You are financially responsible.
- You cheer me on and are excited for my successes. I will do the same for you.
- You pick me up when I fall. I will have a band-aid for you when you fall.
- You like to cook every once in a while & enjoy when I cook and bake.
- You know how to communicate, genuinely and respectfully. You make the effort to talk to me, about every day things. As well as the future.
- You don't feel the need to fill the silence, you are okay just sitting with me, without talking.
- You make me laugh an laugh at my lame attempts to be funny- even if you know its not funny, laugh.
- You have a great work ethic.
- You are a good role model for my daughter.
- You are a ONE WOMAN man. You only want to be in a committed relationship.
- You are up for trying new things with me.
I know there is so much more and as I venture out into the dating world, I am sure I will refine this list.
Is there anything, YOU think I should add? Let me know your thoughts.
This list may be "ridiculous" but I have settled in the past. Never again.
*You can check out Rachel Sarah's, Single Mom Seeking, list Here.
Keep up in between posts, I Tweet , A lot.