Friday, May 20, 2011

"Thank You"

I have always heard the expression "You have to have the bad to appreciate the good". I never understood that until I met TM.

Two nights ago, we were on the couch and he asked me "Would you have dated me 5 years ago?" (when I was 19/20). I quickly replied "No." He & I could not believe how quickly I replied.

I then remembered what I had heard my mom tell my sister a few years ago... ""You have to have the bad to appreciate the good." Five years ago I hadn't experienced the bad. I was in my first year of college and I was dating a Marine who cheated on me (unknowingly) EIGHT times while on a MEU. After him I bounced from guy to guy Marine to Marine. I was never with any of them long enough to really get hurt.

I dated a great man [recon] Marine. He was one of the good ones, but I guess I hadn't had enough bad. I broke-up with him for no reason. From there it was just asshole after asshole.

My ex-husband and ex-fiancee, each, being one of them, lucky me.

But I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU to both of them for leaving me because if it weren't for them leaving I would have never have met TM.

Yes I was heart broken when each one of them left & thought I would never recover.

I did recover. When I was least expecting it.

When I was least expecting it I met a great MAN. A MAN who was okay with just being my friend, while I got over my issues. A MAN who sticks around even though I have not fully taken my walls down. A MAN who constantly reminds me that he loves me and ISNT GOING ANYWHERE.

They are right, you will find love, just stopping looking, but get out there.



...

Keep up in between posts, I Tweet , A lot.

xo
-Kandid Kelli

1 comment:

Candice said...

I LOVE this post. It is so beautiful that he came into your life when you are finally ready to accept this kind of love. Good for you!!