Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Convo w/a Toddler"




Yesterday E was playing with her My Little Ponies (like the ones above) and then she has a few larger ones with actual hair. Those are the "mommy" pony's.

She would line them up on the top of her slide and push them down saying:

"wee!!"
"Mama, wook!! Wee!!"

Then she decided to put her "babies & mamas" in her shopping cart and push them around the play room... well she was running at full speed & her little body was going to fast for her legs. She tripped and fell.

Noticeably startled, she looked at me [I was sitting on the floor a few feet away reading]:

Me: Are you ok hon?
E: I okay yah (love how little kids talk backwards)
E: uhh uhh [pointing @ her babies in the cart]
Me: Are your babies okay?
E: No!! Owwwie!
Me: Your babies have owies?
E: Yah mama (very whiney)
Me: Want me to kiss em and make em feel better?
E: No baby mama! [holds up the big 'mama' pony]
Me: Oh you want her mommy to kiss it. Okay.
E: [making a kissey face] muuuah
Me: Your such a sweet baby.
E: Yah. [makes her 'pretty face']

Everyday she amazes me. Sometimes I have no words for how amazed I am by her & how much she knows & learns on a daily basis. She is such a little sponge. Talking up a storm, I hope yall enjoy these little blurbs, b/c w/her talking as much as she does I see this being a pretty permanent feature here @ The Urban Cowgirl (I NEED A NEW NAME!! HELP PLEASE!!)

We are going to see klanta Asuse (Santa Clause) Next Mon/Tues so Nana & Papa can go!! Excited.

Thx for sticking with me [us]... the journey REALLY has just begun.
-Kelli-Sue

"Im on twitter!" ... Are you following me yet?

No comments: