Friday, April 22, 2011

"Five Question Friday"



Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, and LINK UP! Oh, yeah...and most importantly, have fun!!

Questions for Friday, April 22nd: (Special thanks to @TylerH2102,@jengacekPam,Rachel, and Sandy for their question suggestions! I'd LOVE to link YOU in a future 5QF, just c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! It's getting a little sparse over there, so I'd LOVE some more questions to choose from! Also, watch for my weekly Thursday shout out for questions on Twitter [@5crookedhalos]!!)

1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?
As a child we used to dye eggs on Friday night or Saturday, on Saturday my mom and I would make an EB cake and decorate him with candy. Then we would leave carrots out for the EB and Sunday (Easter) we would get our new dresses on for church and then go through our easter baskets.  At church we were allowed to sit in Big Church (versus Childrens church) and  then following service we would go to my Grans house for an Egg Hunt and big dinner. During dinner my uncle John and Gran would talk to us about the importance of the "Holiday" and how its about more than just the EB and the egg hunts. 

2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?
Shower! I sometimes like a bath, but unless its a big garden tub, which I don't have, I stick to showers. My mom has a big huge tub so I sometimes take a bath at her house, but I take a shower when I am done b/c I don't feel clean after a bath, I feel dirty b/c I was basically sitting in my own filth. I do it to relax. 

3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?
I can. Not well but I can. It has been a few years. I think I PP a few weeks after E was born and she is 3 now.

4. What is your favorite Easter candy?
Oh gosh, I love it all. Reeses (and reeses pieces) eggs, PEEPS (opened and hardened a few weeks) & Jelly Beans are my favs  though. I was never a big chocolate bunny fan, as the chocolate tasted funny.

5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?
I do both. I am following the same traditions I had in place when I was a child for my daughter. I think we might add a few small things, but I feel like you can focus on the religious aspect of the holiday while still having fun with the EB and all. You have to find the happy medium. Because Easter is ultimately about Jesus rising from the dead! 

No comments: